Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How can I join ITTA?
Two types of memberships are granted by ITTA. One is Active Membership and the other is Allied Membership. You can download the required membership form from our website under â€śJoin Usâ€ť and send to ITTA office after filling the same along with documents mentioned in the application form.
Eligibility for Active Membership:
Any person, firm or company engaged in the business as Tourist Transporters having an established office of business in India and duly recognized by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, as Tourist Transport Operators are eligible for Active Membership of the Association.
Eligibility for Allied Membership:
Any person, firm or company engaged in the business related to tourism is eligible for Allied Membership of the Association
2. What are the procedures for getting recognition/approval from Ministry of Tourism, Government of India?
You can fill up the forms and upload required documents online. Details are given in our website under â€śUseful Linksâ€ť
3. By joining ITTA, shall I get business from clients and companies through ITTA?
No direct business will be available through ITTA. But you may get B2B business through ITTA Membersâ€™ whats app group, where members are posting their requirements for different parts of the country.
4. What are the benefits of joining ITTA?
Some of the key benefits are:
- Membership to the sole national body of Tourist Transport Operators, recognized by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Support and assistance to get recognition from Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Support and Assistance to submit entries for National Tourism Awards conferred by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Take up their problems and complaints with suppliers, clients, tour operators, travel agents or even among ITTA members.
- Support and assistance to recover outstanding payments from clients including government ministries and departments.
- Taking up their issues with government departments including state transport authorities for their resolution.
- Effectively communicating with state governments for better working environments for our members across India.
- Taking up issues like creating easy payment gateways by State Transport Departments for payment of taxes and fees. Government of Uttar Pradesh was the first state to accept our request and started their e-payment gateway.
- Access to car manufacturers and dealers, tyre dealers, insurance companies etc. through ITTA for better service and price.
- Training to drivers and support staff under Capacity Building Scheme to enhance their working skills and capability.
- Create/develop training infrastructure by ITTA for training for new drivers and back office staff.
- Regular circulars regarding changes in the tax structures, new taxes, new policies and industry updates.
- Better co-ordination and build-up trust among members for growth of business.
- Sharing information among members regarding companies black-listed for non-payment of dues, workshops and dealers providing bad services, employees terminated for playing fraud etc. to safeguard the interest of members.
- Giving an opportunity to members to participate in charity works during natural calamity.
- Workshops for employers by experts to manage their business more professionally.
- Sharing information about vehicles and accessories which are excellent for the growth of business as well as products which are not suitable for taxi operation.
- There are several other benefits available for members when they join the family of ITTA.